Nope, you are not going crazy for possibly feeling “out of sync” this week. When this time of year rolls around I get tired easier and need to be gentle with myself. This involves eating healthier, less sugar and caffeine and more fruits and vegetables. I also give myself permission to rest and allow my body’s rhythm to adjust. It takes me 3-5 days to adjust.
I also do not like it when it is dark outside at 5:30PM. I am someone who loves the sun and craves the sunlight. But… there can be benefits. I love to cook soup, eat hot meals and settle in early. I go to bed early and upon rising witness the beautiful sunrise. I think of it as “nestling” in to a new rhythm for the next several months and maybe it gives us an excuse to sleep longer.
What you need to know about the Time Change:
Time changes our circadian rhythm and as a result we feel more tired.
How to tackle tiredness:
- Get more rest
- Take Supplements
- Eat more fat. ie avocados, nuts. If we don’t get good fat in our diet certain hormones get imbalanced which can add to tiredness.
- Use your own compass to figure out much sleep you need. It is different for everyone.
- Take Melatonin. We are more deprived of this hormone in the winter months
- Avoid driving in the dark. It’s harder to see.
8. Avoid projects in the evening. I once heard we retain less when we are tired.