This time of year can be overwhelming ~ family gatherings, parties, work, consumerism, I think you know what I mean. But does it need to be like this? I believe we do not need to rush. For example, New Years Eve is a week away and most people are already focusing on that day. Food for Thought: When you find yourself thinking about the future bring yourself back to the moment over and over again. Here are a few things which have helped me~
1. Whatever is swimming around in your head put it down on paper. If you think it, Ink it!
2. Notice your thoughts and realize they are just thoughts passing through your mind, don’t try to change them or discard them.
3. Laugh at yourself and others.
4. Time is an illusion ~ whatever you are doing is what your meant to be doing. It is not right or wrong.
5. 99% of the time your thoughts do not come to fruition.
6. Remind yourself that your health and well-being come first and nothing is thatimportant to get bent out of shape about.
7. Stop, slow down and breathe
8. Ask yourself “Why am I rushing.”
9. Let go of the outcome.
None of us has it down pat and by golly I am glad about this.
Why not enjoy the moment no matter what is happening. There is no right or wrong, it is happening the way that it is so we might as well make it our friend. I think I rather be floundering than having all my ducks in a row! The planet will not blow up or your favorite grocery store will not burn down. FYI: Walking to the grocery store is just as important as walking to the gym or walking o a party. Every moment of our lives is important no matter what it is we are doing, even if that means scrubbing the floor. There is no rush and there is no getting anywhere . You are already meant to be where you are!